Friday, April 30, 2010

All I Wanted To Do Was Change This - Rebecca Link

All I wanted to do is change the momentum. I wanted to change how fast things would move. The anticipation grips me and causes me frustration. I wish I would know the outcome now and would not have to wait. The torment of not knowing makes me crazy. The waiting seems to go on forever. I analyze everything looking back and reevaluating every moment hoping to anticipate the future. I look deep inside feeling intuitive about the future but I find nothing.

Things start to move and start to move quickly. I am ready and it is a rush. I like it and it feels good. Answers. It’s happening not like I expected but maybe better. I like the momentum once things fall into place. I love the ride.

1 comment:

  1. What I like about this one is the way you really get into an internal emotional state in a very concrete way. This is so hard to do. And you have to keep on doing it when you're writing memoir, because everybody wants to know how you FEEL all the time. This is a terrific model for you to follow.

    ReplyDelete