Friday, March 5, 2010

Singing - Camilla

“I landed a gig as the singing Nathan’s hotdog at Giant Stadium, but I sort of blacked out when they tried to zip up my bun. The thing is, I suffer from claustrophobia. It goes back to when I was 16 and my boss caught me making love to his wife, in the supermarket. He was the manager; I was the bag boy. One day his misses comes walking down the frozen food aisle braless, and well, you know. So, we end up doing it in the stock room and he barges in, kidnaps me buck naked, seals me up in one of those big Ramen Noodle boxes with packaging tape from aisle 6 and threatens to throw me into the bay. I begged for mercy and was finally released onto the stage of the American Conservatory Theater, in the nude, right in the middle of the Bay Area Amateur Players' production of Hedda Gabler. Since then I’ve had an unnatural fear of confined places, noodles and Norwegian playwrights.”

2 comments:

  1. This is just hilarious! And original! I love every bit of it. And that last line - brilliantly funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a riot. I love the images, the meter, the flow. Great little piece.

    ReplyDelete