Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kissing - Shonna Anderson

When you really think about it, kissing is extremely strange. We put our lips together and basically lick each other. And we enjoy it. I once read that the biological reason we kiss each other is because we can sense a lot about a person and their compatibility to us through their saliva. So, basically we have to taste another person to know if we’re compatible. It seems strange, but maybe there is some truth in it. There have been some times when I’ve kissed someone and there’s been absolutely no chemistry, like kissing my brother. Maybe it was my animal instinct telling me he wasn’t the right one for me. Maybe our genes were too similar and we’d end up with one messed up baby. I certainly wouldn’t want that. But what about those great kisses, the ones that have left me weak in the knees? Was that chemistry a sign that we would have had perfect, cute babies together? I’ll never know because love is more about just biology and chemistry, sometimes even when two people seem so right for each other, it can still go so wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I just love 'So, basically we have to taste another person to know if we’re compatible.' It's such an original - and perfectly apt - translation of the biological information. I couldn't get it out of my head. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete