Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kissing - Melody Cryns

When my lover kisses me, I feel a thousand tiny bits of electricity shoot through my body, and I’ warm and tingly all over. Just last night I saw my lover, jumped into the car with him and he kissed me and I felt it right away…

We went to Pizza My Heart where he ordered a pizza and salad – the Maui Wowie slice of pizza, and I ordered a piece of mushroom pizza. We both drank iced tea, mine with Splenda and his without, and we talked and got caught up on life since he’d just returned from a one-week journey to Alaska. I looked right into his eyes as he talked to me – wondering, because I thought they were blue but they looked light brown in the light – so are my lover’s eyes blue or light brown? Old photos of surfers from the 1960’s covered the walls and for some reason we really like that place – they play cool 60’s and 70’s music there – not just surf music, but even some rare Beatles tracks and all sorts of things – we never knew what we’d hear, but for today we were focused on one another.

We talked about books and writing, and he told me he could never edit a book like mine because it’s written in the first person and it would be wrong to edit something written so intimately too much. We talked about music, and he said he wished he could find someone who played guitar just like he did before the stroke a year ago – that it was difficult to find. Music is my lover’s life, even after the stroke.

We talked about books we both liked and musicals – like Jesus Christ Superstar which he said he saw twice live, and Hair and Oliver.

Then we headed back to my place which happened to be free of kids for the evening and we kissed for a long time before we made love…

I can’t say exactly how it works for us, but it works so nicely…and afterwards, we kiss some more and hold each other and I find myself wishing that he could stay for the whole night, but he never does…

but he did agree that one day, he would.

1 comment:

  1. You write really well about this relationship. I love the way you focus on the small, mundane details - the unromantic restaurant you both love, what you each put in your ice tea. And I love the slightly wistful tone, especially in the last night.

    ReplyDelete