Friday, February 5, 2010

What She Wanted in That Second - Marigrace Bannon

What she wanted in that second was to go back and do it again. But when did that second pass and move into the minute, the hour, the day that she didn’t make a conscious decision to follow her, then heart. How could she know now? Years passed, a marriage, a divorce, an East Coast to West Coast transition, many friends, some remained, and some slipped away with a riptide of sorts. There was no reason for her to lament, because she was where she was supposed to be in that cosmic understanding of it all. And yet, there she was always with that wonder. But isn’t that just her dreamy heart imagining the many different scenarios, that couldn’t be her life, because they weren’t? Words have always been important to her. The sound, the meaning, the double entendre, the possibility that words meant something and could change a direction. I love you. I don’t love you anymore. He’s dead. They’re getting a divorce. You’re getting a divorce. There was an earthquake and….

1 comment:

  1. I so love 'dreamy heart,' I can't stop thinking about it. I love also the idea that words can change a direction... I love you. I don't love you anymore. There's just so much in that simple example. Truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete