Friday, February 5, 2010

Trash - Maria Robinson

When did I stop talking trash? Never? Inspired by old Mae West movies, watched on college weekends, my housemates and I made an art of imitating ole Mae and even trying to top her. The dares were at the college pub with 25 cent beers, where we wore tight skirts over black Danskins with the feet cut out. There we stand, hands on hips, and slide right into the West lexicon and sashay our way through the night before returning to our research papers. Twenty years on, I can still do it with the best of them, embarrass pretty presentable middle-aged men on the street with jokes and keep the fires burning at home.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fun departure for you! I love the image of the college girls in their black Danskins with their hands on their hips talking trash. You create an entire world in those couple of sentences. Great work!

    ReplyDelete