Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heat - Karen Cassey

I hear music coming from my bedroom. Music I’ve heard nearly 40 times in a day in the past month. It’s my phone and the ring tone “You & Me “By “Lifehouse”. This is one of my favorite songs to listen to, when I’m really missing my boyfriend, Richard. It’s the first song he shared with me on his way to a medical appointment and somewhere along the drive; it became “our” song.

Richard lives in Lake Arthur, Louisiana and I live in Blythewood, South Carolina, quite the distance and test to see how this relationship will grow. He phones me every chance he gets (over 40 times) during the day and night. I so look forward to hearing “You & Me” ring out from the distance. I feel like a little teenage girl who has a crush on a boy and I can feel the heat from my heart beating my blood through my body, start at my toes and working its way up to my blushing face and stopping in my head.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you use a 'small door,' i.e. the ring tone on your phone, as a way into talking about your relationship with Richard. It's just perfect! I also love 'I can feel the heat from my heart beating my blood through my body, start at my toes and working its way up to my blushing face and stopping in my head,' a perfect way to describe this feeling.

    ReplyDelete