Friday, July 9, 2010

Black Coffee in Bed - Lisa Faulkner

Coffee in bed, breakfast in bed, romantic escapes for sexcapades are all better in the movies, in fantasy and dreams than reality. At least for me. Brian and I received bed trays for our engagement or shower. Two different sets, one white wicker and less romantic pair. We used them a couple times. But sparks never flew. Crumbs in bed really aren’t that romantic. And I eventually figured out that Brian isn’t really a fan of sticky foods in bed. And now I don’t eat any of that anyway.

Just like picnics. I love the nostalgia and romance of it all We received romantic, impractical versions of those picnic baskets too. Those got sold in yard sales. We still have a softsided cooler and one of those backpack picnic coolers. Weve used them. Carted one all the way to Hawaii, twice to be able to stock and take too the beach for a sunset picnic. And we have managed some romantic sunset picnics. Valentine’s day on Treasure Island once. We brought lobster burritos from Baja. The problem with some of the outdoor picnics is the weather and the bugs don’t always cooperate. Bees are Brian’s Krpytonite, so if they come along, the picnic will move indoors. We had a nice BBQ dinner outdoors Sat night. That was a success. cool, traffic not too bad. I wish we had a lush backyard. Maybe someday. I wonder if my dream came true with a gorgeous view of ocean or lake or even pool if the same would happen. Would the fantasy be better than the reality. I don’t know. Sometimes the fantasy is better or different but good. We watched a Sturgis documentary last night. I pulled out the scrapbook of our drive across the country. Brought back memories and smiles. The emerald green and red dirt of pictured rocks

1 comment:

  1. I really like the notion of romantic fantasy versus reality that you play with here. And I love the image you leave us with at the end, the 'emerald green and red dirt of pictured rocks.'Lovely!

    ReplyDelete