Saturday, April 11, 2009

Resurrection - Donna Shomer

"Then God said to me: Prophesy to these bones, and say to them. You dry bones, hear the word of the Eternal. Thus says the Eternal God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live." (Ezekiel 37:4-5)

I’m telling you –
between the dog and my husband
and the phone and the email –
the dry bones of this morning
will remain lifeless.

I could go on with images of
dust or decay
but really it is just about
getting showered
and finding that stupid envelope
and remembering to get gas.

Dry bones morning.

3 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful! I love the juxtaposition of the poetic (dry bones) and the mundane (the dog and the husband). A truly lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of this. Far beyond the Bible quote to where we all live with the mundane: emails, dogs, getting showered and gas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris said it for me. I love the capturing of the mundane in simple language.

    ReplyDelete