Sunday, April 26, 2009

Favorite Whine/Wine - Randy Wong

4:30 PM – Hey guys! Are we still on after work? I haven’t heard! Text me back! I didn’t get the invite, but I heard! Is that cool?

4:45 PM – Still haven’t heard! Ignoring me? LOL. Been waiting outside for 15 min. I will wait for you guys inside.

5:00 PM – Sitting at the bar. Opened a bottle of wine. Starting without you. LOL.

5:45 PM – Been almost an hour. Something wrong? Where is everybody?

6:20 PM – ½ done with 1st bottle. People around me are getting concerned. So am I. Did I do something wrong? You would tell me if I did something wrong, right? You would tell you old buddy at work, right?

7:10 PM – OK .. Mebee I shoulda asked. Ya know. 2 be sure that i was inviteed. I thgth were kewl. Arnt wee kool?

7:38 PM – FINE your not showin up! Wtf?? Shoulda called .. somebody??

7:58 PM – Ur ess hose! All off U! U R jellus!! ahnewit!! Ths was aall alie! A kumpleeet LIIEE!!

8:07 PM – um alone … im sorry … pleez cumover? Pleeeezz??!?

8:13 PM – d ali dfl d fk yu knw azc d

8:18 PM – Hi. This is the manager of the bar. Your friend has passed out. If no one comes to pick him up in 20 min, he will be hauled off.

2 comments:

  1. Writing with a constraint, the way you do here, is a fabulous way to free up your imagination. I really like how this all comes together, the way you tell a complete story (and give us a complete character) in these short bursts of messages. Terrific idea. Terrific execution. Hmm...maybe I'll have you write a story in tweets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much imagination in this piece. I love that you can draw such a complete character without any outside narration at all.

    ReplyDelete