Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Winds of Change - Jennifer Baljko

My unexpected life. It’s been on my mind lately, even before I saw the prompt. Most things – most good things – have to come to be from unexpected circumstances, never anticipated, always welcomed, but hard to imagine as real. The stone’s throw turning into an avalanche I can’t outrun. That I don’t want to outrun. The leap faith, a trusted colleague, the willingness to risk almost nothing and nearly everything. All at once, that’s the way it tends to go more often than not. A month ago, a small idea took root. It grew from several other ideas that could never have held their own ground. Now we’re entrepreneurs, maybe we will create something novel in the 21st century, but borrowed from generations that came before us. Perhaps, this unexpected idea, which is rapidly shaping the next chapter of my unexpected life, will come to expect great things from me.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's very difficult to pull this kind of writing off - to write directly and clearly about something that's happening to you, and do it well. And you accomplish it beautifully here. This is really lovely. It's full of hope and beauty. Well done!

    ReplyDelete